Environmental Conservation and Sustainability
I'm sure if you've looked through my website, it comes to no surprise that I am a huge supporter of the eco-friendly lifestyle. I try to ensure my family and I do our part to keep the earth alive and "green"! Whether it be maintaining our family compost pile, being sure to recycle as many products in the home that we can, using reusable bags whenever possible or reducing our household consumption on everything from water, clothes and energy, I like to say we do our part. (We're actually looking into getting solar panels installed in our home! I am so excited about this!!)
I even volunteer at my girls' school to help them with their school garden and other conservation projects such as Arbor Day/Earth Day celebrations, recycling awareness week, and other sustainability projects the school partakes in! It's so fun to teach kids at a young age about the measures they can take to save the earth. I wish we had classes like this when I was in school! I just love that they're incorporating this into the education curriculum.
Here's some websites I highly recommend if you are interested in becoming more environmentally conscious!
- Recovering and recycling paper has saved energy - a Study!
- About EE and Why It Matters
- Five Fun Activities for Teaching Kids About Conservation
- Talking Climate Change with Kids
- How to Teach Respect for Wildlife
- Why Recycle?
- Conservation Education - Activity Guide
- How to Teach Kids About Sustainability
- recycling textiles
- Glass Recycling Information - A Graphic
- Reducing, reusing and recycling plastic bags and wrap
- Water Conservation Tips for Residents
- How Does Recycling Your Clothes and Shoes Help Protect the Earth?
- Just for Kids: What’s Climate Change? And What Can I Do?
- Drainage Basins and Watersheds
- Build a Watershed
- Top 10 Reasons to Recycle
- Now Accepting # 1 - 7 Plastic Bottles, Tubs and Jars in your Curbside Recycling Bin!
- Teach Your Kids About Wildlife Conservation
- Recycled Plastics in Food Packaging
- How to Recycle Glass
- How Not Recycling Old Clothes Can Hurt The Environment
- The Benefits of Going Green
- 45+ Ways to Conserve Water in the Home and Yard
- How to Sell, Donate or Recycle Your Old Clothes
- Recycling Infographic: What are we wasting?